PUSHPAY ELECTRONIC GIVING FAQ’S
- Is it safe to give online or by text?
Yes. The security setup Pushpay uses is the same as many banks and is Level 1 PCI DSS compliant. For this reason, Pushpay is considered significantly more secure than many current giving types, including actually having a credit card physically present.
- What types of bank accounts can I give from?
You can give online via from the following…
- Checking or savings bank account
- American Express
3. Are there any fees involved with giving online?
Yes, the church incurs transaction and bank fees when gifts are made. However, you will not pay any fees with an online gift. However, if you wish to donate an additional 2.2% to cover the church’s fees, you may choose to do so by checking the box shown on the “Confirm your Gift” page.
Note that online/mobile gifts are a more cost efficient way for the church to process donations.
- Can I give to more than one fund?
Yes, you can designate your gift to go toward any of the funds shown when clicking on the arrow in the “Fund” section of the Giving page. Note that only one fund can be chosen for each transaction. A separate gift entry will need to be made for each fund chosen. We may also add additional funds at specific times throughout the year (e.g. Christmas Offering, etc.).
- Can I make a one-time contribution?
Of course! The system gives you the option of either making a one-time contribution or setting up a recurring contribution.
- If I want to set-up a recurring gift, what are my options for frequency of my gift?
For recurring gifts, you have the option of giving weekly, twice a month, every two weeks, or once a month.
- Can I change my personal information or the amount or the frequency of my gift once I have set it up?
Yes! You can change or cancel your contribution at any time before the date of your next contribution. Simply log in to your Pushpay account (https://pushpay.com/login )and make the necessary changes.
- Can I review my donation history online?
Yes! The site will allow you to view the complete history of your Pushpay contributions. Login to https://pushpay.com/login .
- Will I still receive regular contribution statements from the church?
Yes! The church will continue to send year-end contribution statements to your address on file for tax purposes.
- When will contributions be taken from my account?
Contributions will be taken from your specified bank account within 48 business hours of the date you requested. This time frame allows time for the contribution to process through your bank and the church’s bank. If the date of your contribution falls on a weekend or a holiday, the transaction will be initiated on the next banking day.
- How will I know that I set up my gift correctly?
Immediately after submitting your contribution, you will receive an e-mail verifying your contribution.
- Does it matter which Internet browser I use?
No. Any browser will work.
- I have additional questions about online giving that have not been addressed. Who can I talk to?
If you’re concerned about online security, please check out Pushpay’s security and compliance page, to give you confidence that you can give securely online – https://pushpay.com/security.
Your information is held securely by Pushpay. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions.
You can schedule new contributions, modify or cancel your recurring contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled by logging into your account – https://pushpay.com/login.
Once your contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be cancelled (see https://help.pushpay.com/hc/en-us/articles/215460228-How-can-I-get-a-refund-).